Machine Structures and Algorithms (CS61C) Course StaffCourse Tutor (Fa17), Lab Assistant (Su17)
Summer 2017 - Present
As a member of the course staff for CS61C I attended weekly administrative meetings and provided feedback on labs, projects, and homework assignments.
- Assisted 60 students in lab sections with troubleshooting and problem guidance
- Gave mini-lectures on C, MIPS, RISC-V, caches, virtual memory, CPU design, and more
- Organised material for review ("geurilla") sections bi-weekly.
- Worked with uGSIs, Tutors, Lab Assistants, and the professors to create a welcoming and supportive environment with many academic and personal resources for student success.
Regents' and Chancelllor's SocietyWeb Development Committee Coordinator (Fa16), Member
Fall 2015 - Present
- Hosted and regularly updated the RCSA website (rcsa.berkeley.edu)
- Fostered open communication with co-chair, branch head, general members, and executive leadership staff
- Compiled teaching material convering CSS, HTML, git, Django, VirtualEnvs, and SQL/Database basics for new committee members
- Built ScholarConnect--an interactive database of all current RCSA scholars and their interests, academic info, and contact information for the perusal of prospective scholars.
Rosa Parks ElementaryMath Coach (Sp17), Student Teacher (Fa16)
Fall 2016 - Spring 2017
In the Fall of 2016, I was placed at Rosa Parks Environmental Magnet Elementary as a student teacher through the CalTeach program. That same semester, I was fortunate enough to be asked to assist in the development of a BUSD project called "Math Club"; Rosa Parks piloted this program which gave remedial instruction to students struggling in their core math classes. This program existed as part of the after school program and ran parallel to similar initiatives (Reading Club, Language Club for ESL students, etc.).
- Provided specialised, individual instruction to third grade students at risk of failing the grade
- Constructed engaging lessons from NY Engage curriculum to supplement in-class instruction.
- Administered weekly exams to chart progress.
Berkeley High SchoolStudent Teacher
This is a description about the thing and here is what I do in the position I have. My responsibilities include doing things like the following. May also include awards or recognitions received in this position.
- I managed people and projects such as thing and thing and thing
- On these projects I specifically did this and this
- I also worked with these people and we did this